Roedel Tile Company History
Roedel Tile Contracting Company was founded in 1920 by Mr. Elmer Roedel. In 1934 high school senior Frank Carlson started working for Elmer as a warehouseman. He worked at Roedel for the rest of his life, only leaving to serve in World War II. Upon his return Frank became an estimator and worked side by side with Elmer and his son Bill Roedel. After Elmer’s passing the two ran the business together until 1972 when Frank bought Bill’s share. John Carlson, Franks son joined the business in 1976 and worked with his father until Frank officially retired at age 87. In 1993 John’s son Erik came onboard and started working in the family business with his father and grandfather.
The same work ethic and quality that Elmer instilled in this business still stands today, 95 years later. The employees at Roedel Tile are among the best in the industry, taking pride in their work and attention to detail.
For over 60 years we have proud members of the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Local #1 of Oregon